Submissions due August 15 – 5 pm Harvest of Voices Submission Requirements: Readers for Harvest of Voices (HOV) are selected by a committee of judges who will anonymously score HOV entries
August 15 – 5 pm
Harvest of Voices Submission Requirements:
Readers for Harvest of Voices (HOV) are selected by a committee of judges who will anonymously score HOV entries on a 10-point scale. Judges are volunteers and are selected by members of the Blue Sage Literary Committee on an annual basis.
Please follow these steps to be considered for the 2022 HOV event:
- Submit your original work during the submission period of Friday, July 1, 2022 through Monday, August 15, 2022. Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Writers must be from the Western Slope of Colorado.
- Submit your work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF attachment with the subject line “HOV Submission.”
- Include your name and phone number in the body of your email only, NOT in the PDF or PDF filename, in order to maintain anonymity. If you are 18 years of age or younger, please also indicate this in the email.
- All work, except for poetry, should be double-spaced.
- All pieces (fiction, non-fiction, essays, book excerpts, poetry, etc.) must be able to be read in 6 minutes or less.If the judges determine this is not possible from the length of your piece, your submission will be eliminated or we may ask you to cut it.
- To qualify, you must be able to read your selection the evening of Thursday, September 22, 2022. The reading may be live-streamed and/or recorded. By submitting you are agreeing to be livestreamed and/or recorded.
- The writers selected for Harvest of Voices will be given the opportunity to read, or have someone read on their behalf, at another event at Grand Mesa Arts and Events Center in Cedaredge on the evening of Tuesday, November 1.
- All current COVID guidelines will be adhered to during the performances.
- All poems will be considered individually. If you submit multiple poems, not all of them may be chosen. Only the poems chosen by the judges, and no others, are to be read at the event.
- Work should not be too graphic, profane or otherwise inappropriate for young audience members.
- We prefer unpublished work, but will consider published work that has not been previously performed in Delta County.
(Monday) 5:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Blue Sage Gallery
226 Grand Avenue