Taoist breathing methods, meditation, stretching, strengthening and spinal energy flow techniques are taught for a natural way to personal health care, body, mind and energy balancing. Emphasis is placed on
Taoist breathing methods, meditation, stretching, strengthening and spinal energy flow techniques are taught for a natural way to personal health care, body, mind and energy balancing. Emphasis is placed on health, longevity, graceful dance-like form, positive mental attitude, and non-aggressive self-defense.
Bob Cook graduated from the San Francisco College of Chinese Medicine, is a certified acupressure therapist, has been a student of martial arts, oriental and natural health practices for over 50 years.He has been teaching Tai Chi and Qi Gong at the Blue Sage for over twenty years. He has traveled and studied with some of the most respected Chinese masters, including Bruce Lee and is now sharing this knowledge.
Bob ‘s style is based on the wisdom of four different schools of Tai Chi: Yang, Guanping, Wu and Chen. These styles use deep breathing, movement, and mental focus to move energy through the body, open energy gates and understand the three treasures:
- Jing, the deepest level of youthful energy in the body,
- Qi, the energy that flows through the body’s gates and
- Shen, a person’s energetic radiance
Five animal Qi Gong systems:
- Tiger, for bone and muscle strength, as well as marrow washing
- Panther, a more mysterious energy than the tiger
- Snake, for moving Qi throughout the entire body
- Crane, for tendon strength, lightness, beauty and longevity
- Dragon, the medicine, the mediation, spirituality, the magic and mysterious
Bob draws additional wisdom from other Qi Gong systems such as Golden Bell, Baby’s Body and Golden Eight Treasures.
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Blue Sage Hall
226 Grand Avenue