We accept electronic submissions only via email. Artists must be residents of the Western Slope to be considered for acceptance to the gallery.
Please include the following in your submission:
• Up to 10 JPEG images (Include dimensions, medium and date of works)
• Current price list
• Bio and statement about your work and process
• Website address
• Contact info
Emailed submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All art must be display ready:
- 2-D work must be appropriately framed or intentionally unframed on stretcher bars, pieces must be appropriately wired (no sawtooth hangers). Artwork requiring wall reinforcement or attachment by anything other than standard gallery hangers should be discussed with Gallery Director in advance.
- 3-D work requiring a pedestal, specific floor location or wall attachment should be discussed with staff in advance. Blue Sage can provide a limited number of white pedestals or artist may supply their own neutral display.
- Bin art (i.e. photos or prints) must be mat backed and individually wrapped in cellophane
- All artwork must be individually labeled on the back, underside or other appropriate place (if possible) with the artists’ name, inventory number, title, and retail price.
Blue Sage reserves the right to display the art in the manner and in the location best suited for the overall exhibit, to not display all artwork due to space limitations, or to remove a work from display for any reason.
All submissions will be selected for display and sale in the Gallery based upon the following criteria:
- Craftsmanship must be of high quality materials, presentation, framing, sale-ability and artistic expression.
- Appropriateness of subject matter for general audiences.
- Artist is responsible to read, initial and sign gallery contract.
- Delivery and pickup of artwork in a timely manner is the responsibility of the artist. If artist is not present at the designated time to pick up artwork after an exhibit, his artwork will be removed from the Gallery and stored by the Blue Sage at the artist’s expense.
- The Blue Sage charges a commission on all artwork sold. Commission to the Blue Sage is 40%, with artist receiving 60%, calculated before sales taxes.
- Artist’s checks will be issued within two weeks after the close of the exhibition.