By our By-Laws, the general membership is charged with electing new board members at our Annual Meeting. The Blue Sage currently has 2 board positions open for a 2016-2019 term. If you’re interested in serving on the Blue Sage Board of Directors, please read the job description and submit an application, which can be found below. They can also be obtained at the Blue Sage office. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOARD JOB DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Reports To: Board of Directors
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Assistant General Manager will be responsible for managing operations of the Blue Sage Gallery/Curtis Hall and assisting in the administrative management of Blue Sage’s programs, finances, promotional activities, and fundraising operations. The Blue Sage is a lynchpin in the changing economy of Paonia and the North Fork Valley to a more arts base. The Blue Sage is looking for a person highly motivated and interested in learning, growing, and working with the most energetic and vibrant non-profit arts community organization on the Colorado western slope. This is a full time, salaried position. The schedule will be flexible according to the needs of the organization.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, relevant education/experience considered
Experience: Non-profit, small business, or volunteer experiences helpful
Familiarity with social media platforms, Microsoft software and Office Suite, working knowledge of Quickbooks and Salesforce helpful
Technical aptitude in learning new computer programs and database software
Energetic and vibrant, with outgoing social engagement skills for frequent public/member interactions
Can demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken communications
Ability to work effectively and complete tasks independently or with minimal supervision
- Ensure effective execution of programs and events;
- Carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board;
- Some supervisory duties with respect to oversight of volunteers, part-time employees and rental customers;
- Maintain official records and documents, ensuring compliance with government regulations;
- Administer operational systems and processes in support of the Blue Sage’s mission;
- Maintain accurate financial records and sound administrative practices;
- With guidance from the Board, prepare official correspondence.
- Keep the Board fully informed of the administrative and operational status of Blue Sage financial and organizational records and Blue Sage programs and events;
- Publicize the activities of the organization verbally, in print, and online;
- Foster sound working relationships with community groups and organizations;
- Professionally represent the Blue Sage and its programs to outside organizations, the membership, and the general public.
- Answer phones and emails, and respond to inquiries;
- Greet guests to the Gallery and address their needs;
- Develop and manage timelines for planned fundraising activities to ensure timely promotion and effective preparation and execution;
- Maintain a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information;
- Provide required organizational information to grant writer/s and monitor the timeliness of submitting grant applications.
IT and Facilities,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software and Microsoft Office products;
- Aptitude to learn new software and database applications; experience with Adobe Creative Suite products and/or Salesforce helpful;
- Troubleshoot office hardware and network problems, arrange for assistance with appropriate vendor or volunteer provider;
- Oversee the upkeep of office equipment and supplies;
- Assist the Facilities Committee by coordinating maintenance, repairs, and renovation projects;
- Ensure the facilities are cleaned and presentable at all times.
This job description does not include a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities of a similar nature may be assigned.
Apply by sending cover letter and resume to Blue Sage Center for the Arts, PO Box 700, Paonia, CO 81428, or email to wegs1975
PART-TIME GRANT WRITER
Blue Sage Center for the Arts (Blue Sage) seeks an experienced part-time grant writer to research and write grant proposals to support Blue Sage’s mission and grow its financial support. The grant writer will be responsible for identifying and developing new granting and funding opportunities in the areas of musical arts, literary arts, arts educational programs, mixed-media and visual arts, and historical building restoration and repairs. This is an independent contractor position estimated at 10 hours per week. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Blue Sage Center for the Arts (Blue Sage) is a community nonprofit 501(c)3 organization located in Paonia, Colorado dedicated to providing community members with opportunities to create and experience art in all its forms. We offer a variety of expressive mediums – from classical and world music concerts to creative writing contests and readings – to suit the needs and interests of an increasingly diverse and artistic community. Today the Blue Sage serves about 10,000 residents of the North Fork Valley annually through classes, events, gallery exhibits, venue rentals and arts outreach into local schools. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.bluesage.org for more information.
- Experience in researching grant opportunities and foundation support
- Experience writing grant proposals for medium-sized nonprofits
- Experience writing grant proposals in the performing arts (musical and literary) and creative arts areas for adults and children’s programs
- Demonstrated success in securing grants
- Relevant bachelors or advanced degree
- Experience and a passionate interest in the field of performing and creative arts; positive attitude; excellent organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills; proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work remotely
Application. Interested candidates should submit a brief letter of interest (1-2 pages) and resume to wegs1975